Cybercrime is on the rise. But the supply of cybersecurity skills and solutions is failing to match growing demand. Capacity building can solve this problem, paving the way for a cybersecure future and laying the foundations to match short-, medium-, and long-term needs.
This paper looks at how it can be done and why a tailored capacity-building strategy is crucial, exploring:
- Capacity building in context.
- Capacity-building initiatives:
- People and skills.
- Technology, infrastructure and R&D.
- Knowledge-sharing and awareness.
- Considerations for initiative implementation.