ESG & CSR
We incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance factors into all areas
of our business, through responsible investment, due diligence, and transparency
Since our inception, environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors and corporate social responsibility (CSR) have been a part of our investment philosophy and process. Our commitment is not only to strictly comply with current legal obligations but also to pursue integrating sustainability values and practices with technology as a foundation to be aligned with the best standards in the market.
As of 2018, we are a signatory member of the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), a United Nations initiative created in 2006 with a group of institutional investors.
As a signatory, we will be guided by the values and principles of international human rights, labour, environmental and anti-corruption standards. We are therefore committed to the following premises:
- Accept, incorporate and implement ESG criteria both internally and in the investment analysis and decision-making processes of our funds and investee companies.
- Promote and work proactively to increase our effectiveness in applying ESG criteria.
- Appropriately disclose ESG criteria to the entities in which we invest.
- Prepare regular reports on our activities and progress concerning applying ESG and CSR criteria.
- Integrate CSR policy both internally and in our investment process.
- Seek to align our CSR policies with those of our investee companies.
We believe that decoupling economic growth from environmental degradation is a necessity, and participate in this transformation through sustainable and high-impact investments. As professional investors we want to generating a positive impact on our society and enable technologies that transform energy generation and consumption so that society can progress sustainably.
Our continuing commitment to these factors dates back to 2012 with the creation of the Amerigo Venture Pacifico Fund, the first fund with which we began environmental reporting. Also, in our recently created fund Next Technology Ventures II and recent investments such as SEaB Power, a British company that has developed and patented a small-scale modular solution to valorise organic waste, and Uptime Analytics, the leading company in the Latin American energy efficiency market.